Online transactions have spread fast and wide in Nigeria with most Nigerians performing business transactions online without the need of…
Online transactions have spread fast and wide in Nigeria with most Nigerians performing business transactions online without the need of carrying bulk of cash. This has led to the advent of many online payment services in Nigeria. Quickteller owned by interswitch is the most popularly used online payment platform in Nigeria and accepted by all banks and business nationwide.
Many business minded persons can make cool money from this service by becoming an quickteller pay point agent according to the official site of quickteller the steps to become an agent are stated as follows.
- Who is an IFIS Agent?
Any person, corporate or institution appointed by IFIS to provide Agency Banking & Financial Inclusion services on its behalf. Examples of potential agents are:
- Individuals – unregistered MSMEs
- Registered SMEs e.g. Salons, HoReCas, chemist shops, grocery stores, etc.
- Corporates & Retail Chains e.g. filling stations,, MFBs, MDAs, eateries, pharmacies, etc.
- Requirements for becoming an Agent?
Interested investors must ensure they possess the following qualities and requirements:
1) Must be able to read and write
2) Must have a functional android enabled mobile phone
3) Must have an existing physical shop/business outlet
4) A completed Agent application form/agreement and account package
5) A copy of ID or equivalent (Driver’s license, National ID card, Int’l passport)
6) A Passport-sized photograph
7) Proof of Address (Utility bills e.g. PHCN, LAWMA, DStv, GOtv, StarTimes, etc.)
8) Financial/Bank account detail or statements
9) Items 1-8 above are required to be a Classic or Standard IFIS Agent. However, business registration documents are required to be a Prestige IFIS Agent.
- Benefits of being an IFIS Agent?
Additional income/commission from IFIS services:- agents earn attractive commission for all QuickTeller services which is an additional income line to the agent’s business.
Guaranteed volume of transactions due to rich bouquet of products and services:- over 5,000 existing billers & merchants services are available for vending.
Increased sales due to increased footfalls
Good brand association:– Interswitch brand and growing IFIS network
Guaranteed training and dedicated field support
Comprehensive branding and marketing support
Social relevance to the community –Financial Inclusion services
- What is the Agent Registration/Setup Process?
Agent completes and submits IFIS Agent Registration Form/Agreement
Agent makes provision for the minimum Agent Start-up Capital ( N10,000 ). -Agent funds IFIS operational bank account with the Agent’s minimum start-up capital by either cash deposit or funds transfer for onward credit to Agent’s IFIS account
The location and human resource for the agent service are inspected and certified by an IFIS Business support partner (BSP)
The IFIS agent account is activated and agent receives login details and a credit alert to the tune of the Agent’s deposited start-up capital
Agent undergoes IFIS Agent Banking training and receives the following setup kit, IFIS Certificate of Completion, . IFIS ID for identification,Transaction Log Book/Register. An Agent code Branding materials, Tariff Sheet, Agent commences full operations.
This requirements should be quite easy for a serious minded person to achieve and start to enjoy the immense profit in this business.