Bizzare Tech

Samsung Galaxy Phone Explodes in 6 Year Old's hand

A 6 ​year-old Brooklyn boy suffered burns when a Galaxy Core Prime exploded in his hands — and his grandmother says he’s now too scared to go near any other devices.
The boy was using the phone at home in East Flatbush on Saturday night when it suddenly burst into flames, his grandmother said Sunday.
“The child was watching videos on the phone when the battery exploded,” Linda Lewis said of her grandson.
“It set off alarms in my house.”
The boy’s family called 911 just before 8 p.m., and he was rushed to Downstate Medical Center with burns to his body.
“He is home now,” Lewis said. “He doesn’t want to see or go near any phones. He’s been crying to his mother.”
The grandmother said the family has been in contact with Samsung about the incident and declined to comment further.
Samsung has recently taken heat for exploding batteries in the Galaxy Note 7 — and earlier Saturday urged owners to turn the devices off immediately and take them in for an exchange.
The Core Prime is still being bought and sold.

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?:   Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus Release Date + Specs

Leave a Reply