Applicants are to note that regardless of the position advertised, the following are minimum general requirements for all applicants:
Minimum Qualifications/skills base
*A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field
*A Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field
*Computer literacy and conversancy with Microsoft office, Web
Applications and the use of relevant applications for efficient delivery of service
*Strong leadership and management skills
*Strong team spirit and ability to effectively delegate
*Strong interpersonal and communication skills
*Strong Analytical skills
*Knowledge of the Nigerian Tax Laws and appreciation of their application and understanding of the regulatory framework within which the FIRS operates;
*Knowledge of business/industry environment within which taxpayers operate
* Ability to work as a regulator with the courage to ensure full compliance with laws
Minimum Character attributes
* Be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offence or should not have been indicted at or dismissed from their places of work or other environment
*Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Minimum Past Performance level
* Demonstrated ability to determine conformity and non- conformity to set standards in processes and procedures and demonstrated courage and ability to eliminate, rectify or close determined non-conformity to standard character attributes
* Demonstrated courage in ensuring change within the organization he or she has worked through the effective discharge of his or her responsibility in spite of resistance to change efforts
* Demonstrable impactful presence in the work place as a direct result of the individual’s ability to effect positive and sustainable change in his/her environment
Applicants are also to note that regardless of the position advertised, any of the following will be an added advantage:-
(i) Master’s degree in related discipline
(ii) Relevant and recognized professional certification and qualification
Other General Requirement(s)
In addition all Applicants must:-
- Have an NYSC Discharge or exemption certificate
- Be certified as mentally fit for appointment into the Service by a recognized Medical Doctor in any of these class of
- National Hospital
- Government Teaching Hospitals
iii. Federal Medical Centers
- Provide contact details for three references (from last employer, a close family relation and tertiary institution) from whom confidential reports on character and demonstrated abilities can be obtained
- Present a certificate of State of Origin and Local Government signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Government.
Note: Certificates endorsed by Liaison offices will not be accepted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
FIRS considers computer proficiency a key requirement for anyone who aspires for a job in the Service. Accordingly, Applicants are expected to fill their applications online. Application forms can be found at the FIRS website www.firs.gov.ng/careers . This FIRS application portal will be available with effect from Monday, 29th August, 2016. Please follow the instructions to fill in your application.
Only applications in respect of the advertised positions would be considered. All individuals are expected to apply to only ONE position.
Multiple applications by one Candidate for more than one job will be disqualified. Upon submission, applicants will receive an acknowledgement containing a reference number which must be quoted in all future correspondences.
Deadline for submission of application is six (6) weeks from the date the web portal is available (Monday, 10th October, 2016).
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Director, Human Capital Management Department
Click on the link below to download full details and also note that the application form will be available on the portal as from Monday, 29th August, 2016: